Lake Lanier Homes: Building vs. BuyingTo Build or to Buy?
Georgia residents love Lake Lanier homes. Whether it’s the beautiful scenery, hiking, water sports or the privacy and peace of nature, there are plenty of reasons to live on the waterfront. Once you’ve decided to live on Lake Lanier, the next step is to decide whether to buy a home or to have a house custom-built.
Buying a Lake Lanier Home
Whether you build a home or buy one, you can still enjoy the lifestyle and environment of living on Lake Lanier. While buying a home can be more convenient and sometimes more affordable than building, there are a number of disadvantages that many home-buyers may not consider.
- Compromise – You may have to compromise on your home’s features, layouts, size, location and other factors.
- Aging Issues – Older homes may have structural issues and outdated materials.
- Hazards – Health hazards from lead-based paint, mold and other issues are more likely when buying a home.
- Renovation Cost – You may have to spend extra money on renovations and remodeling to get your dream home.
Finding the perfect home on Lake Lanier may be more difficult than you think. For most people, a house is the largest investment they will make in their life. Why not invest in a home that you can personally customize?
Building a Lake Lanier Home
When a person custom builds a house, that person is investing in his or her daily comfort and happiness. There are many reasons to consider building a home on Lake Lanier.
- Customization - Build your dream home without compromise.
- Safety – Up-to-date materials and safety regulations ensure your house is free of toxins and is structurally sound.
- Energy-Efficiency – Modern insulation and wiring techniques ensure cost savings on energy bills.
- Resale Value – New custom-built homes have a better resale value than pre-built homes.
- Satisfaction – Your emotional connection to your new home will be stronger because you played a part in building it.
As a certified contractor with a wealth of expertise, Whitmire Custom Homes can make your dream home a reality. Our skilled and trustworthy home builders have earned a reputation of building the highest quality homes.
If you are interested in building a home in Georgia, schedule a consultation with this easy form. If you have questions about custom home building, please contact us today!