Life on Lake Lanier
Living on Lake Sidney Lanier is a unique lifestyle experience with scenic views of the lake, as well as beautiful scenery from the North Georgia Mountains. Located 60 miles north of Atlanta and just south of the Blue Ridge Mountains this lifestyle is far enough away to relax in the quiet of nature, but close enough to get in on all the action, too!The lake lifestyle allows you to enjoy the benefits of the lake all year long. Lake Lanier offers many opportunities for watersports such as boating, kayaking, skiing and fishing. There are also local and state parks located along the shoreline with camping access, playgrounds and pavilions. With all of these activities you are sure to be hungry! Lake Lanier is also home to a variety of waterfront dining options also accessible by boat.
Facts about Lake Lanier
- Lake Sidney Lanier is named after the famous poet Sidney Clopton Lanier, who enjoyed nature in North Georgia documented in his work “Song of the Chattahoochee”.
- The lake covers 38,000 acres spanning across five counties in North Georgia: Hall, Dawson, Forsyth, Gwinnett and Lumpkin.
- Lake Lanier hosted the 1996 Olympic Rowing and Kayaking events at the Olympic Venue located in Gainesville, Georgia.
- It is estimated that there are over 7 million visitors to Lake Lanier annually.
- The lake was built and is currently operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Whitmire Custom Homes is a Georgia home builder located just miles away from Lake Lanier. With over 30 years of experience in designing and constructing custom lake homes and luxury homes, we are here to help your dreams of living on Lake Lanier become a reality.
Building a Home on Lake Lanier
If you are interested in creating the lake lifestyle for your family contact us for more information about our services. After all, when you are enjoying life on Lake Lanier it’s not just a weekend adventure, it’s every day.